Gerren was promoted to Cadet Senior Airman. Here Major Shewbart pins on his grade insignia.

Major Shewbart, the Deputy Commander for Cadets, Gerren, and Greg.

And Landon was promoted to 2nd Lieutenant! He is only one of two cadet officers in his squadron at this time.

This is Major Shewbart, Landon, and the new Group 3 Commander, Major Miles.

I included this picture of the pinning on of Landon's epaulets for one reason. You can just see a tiny bit of Major Shewbart's face in the background.

If you look closely, you will see that he's talking. While he's pinning on the cadets' insignia or epaulets, he talks to them in a whisper. He said to Landon, "You're doing a good job, Landon. I'm proud of you. Keep up the good work." And I think he added something else more personal. He said something similar to Gerren. He's an incredible godly man who has had an awesome impact on my boys. I am so thankful for the men God has placed in my sons' lives at this crucial point in their spiritual growth (Keith Shewbart, Kevin Spiddle, Bob Ayton, Al Kearse.... I'm probably forgetting someone, but these popped in my head right away). Thank you for giving freely of your time to impact these young men.
1 comment:
Congrats! Sounds like a great program for the boys.
Post a Comment